Technical-economic and environmental feasibility study of construction and asphalting works of the Leo-Sabou-Koudougou (RN 13) road in the context of the construction and
asphalting works of 537 km long road in the Millenium Challenge Corporation Program
Name of ClientMinistère des Infrastructures et du Désenclavement. Direction General des Routes
Financing sourcesNational Budget
AssociationAssociated Engineers Srl, Rome (Subconsultancy)
Duration03/2007 - 06/2007
The road is located in the central-western region of Burkina Faso, in the provinces of Sissili, Ziro and Boulkiemdé. It is an earth road with a variable width of 6 and 8 m, with surface in lateritic gravel. Longitudinal earth ditches are often present, generally triangular. The drainage works are box and pipe culverts and small concrete bridges of 6 and 7 m of width.
Following the environmental and economic assessment study, the paving of the road has been taken into consideration.
The project includes:
- Geometrization of the existing layout and the realization of earthworks including the shifting of the axis in 5 points, according to a reference speed of 100 km/h;
- The realization of a natural laterite gravel carriageway with a double layer lining (7 m of double layer carriageway + 2x2 m of single layer shoulders);
- The realization of drainage works (box culverts) and lengthening of existing works in good condition;
- Rehabilitation of 5 sections of the dam road;
- The realization of vertical and horizontal signalling;
- The realization of 2 toll stations.
Technical-economic and environmental feasibility study, environmental study, geotechnical, topographic, hydraulic studies, economic and traffic study, Preliminary Design (geotechnical, topographic, hydraulic studies).