Control and supervision of construction and asphalting works of the national road N°22 (RN22) Kongoussi – Djibo / Section 2: from Ch. 16+000 to Ch. 96+000 (Djibo)
Name of ClientDirection des Marchés Publics (DMP/MIDT) - Ministère des Infrastructures, du Désenclavement et des Transports
Financing sourcesADF (African Development Fund)
AssociationACE Ing. Conseils (Burkina Faso) (member)
Duration09/2016 - 11/2018
In recent years, African governments, with the help of funding agencies, have directed their efforts towards the improvement of the road sector and inter-regional links, without forgetting the internal development, with the aim of reducing the cost of transport both nationally and internationally.
The other objective is to restore access to all regions of the country throughout the whole year, including during the rainy season, allowing connections with all capitals and major cities.
The improvement of the road sector, in addition to facilitating transport and, therefore, economic development, with the reduction in transport costs, also improves the conditions of life of people, not only by reducing poverty, but also extending lifetime. And this is done by facilitating links with health centers and, thanks to the increase of road safety and the evolution of culture, also improving links to the administrative centers, schools and religious centers, etc.
The project concerning the Control and supervision of construction and asphalting works of the national road N°22 (RN22) Kongoussi – Djibo / Section 2: from Ch. 16+000 to Ch. 96+000 (Djibo) is included in this context.
The works control envisages the following activities :
- The revision of the existing project relating to earthworks, preparation of the supporting ground, operations of expropriation and resettlement, construction of drainage works and, in particular, reconstruction of the roadway and control of the quality of materials chosen for the construction of the road.
- Control and supervision of construction and asphalting works of the national road N°22 (RN22) Kongoussi – Djibo / Section 2: from Ch. 16+000 to Ch. 96+000 (Djibo) according to administrative-contractual conditions and technical specifications.
- Geotechnical and topographic control (realization of all envisaged tests).
- The monitoring of environmental and social compensatory measures.
- Administrative and financial control (creating contradictory attachments, invoice verification, creation of service orders and correspondence with the signature of the contracting authority, reports, etc.).
- Road safety review.
- Realization of road counts and collection of data necessary for the impact assessment of the project.