Control and Supervision of construction works of the Bamako-Dakar par le
Sud corridor: sections Sekokoto-Bafing including the by-pass of Kita and
Bafing-Faleme (229 km)
Name of ClientMinistère de l’Equipement et des Transports
Financing sourcesFAD-BOAD-National budget
AssociationCIRA Ingénieurs Conseils – Mali (member)
Duration11/2008 - 12/2011
The project concerns the construction of the Sekoto-Bafing section of the Kita-Saraya-Kédougou road, that is an interregional road between Mali and Senegal, aiming at improving the socio-economic development of the Kita and Kéniéba area and creating a road connection between Mali and Senegal.
• Lot n°l :
- From Sékoto to Bafing and by-pass of Kita (73 km)
- Annexed works
• Lot n°2 :
- From Bafing to Falémé and by-pass of Bafing Falémé (156 km)
- Drainage works including two bridges and two big gutters.
• Earthworks, carriageway and covering
The works include:
- Widening of the roadway to 10 m (7 m of carriageway and 1,50 m for each shoulder);
- Carriageway: subbase and base course in natural lateritic gravel, wearing course in double layer, single surface treatment on shoulders;
• Drainage works
- Other works : both demolition and substitution, and elongation,
- New works : concrete culverts,
- Protection with gabions, rockfill or stones, where needed.
- Bridges over the Falémé and Bafing rivers;
• Side ditches, security, traffic signs and others
- Earth ditches, covered ditches in areas subject to erosion; gutters in main roads crossing urban areas.
- Horizontal and vertical signals, speed control devices in urban areas.
- Special equipment in main roads crossing urban areas: side parkings in blocks, widened cross sections.
Where needed, side earth roads were envisaged in order to avoid diversions.
Control and supervision of construction works of 229 km of roads: Bamako-Dakar par le Sud corridor : sections Sekokoto-Bafing including the by-pass of Kita (73 km) and Faleme-Bafing (156 km).